10 things teachers want students to know:
10. We don’t give grades; you earn them.
9. We are not your parents or your friends. We are your mentors.
8. We’re always willing to help, but we’re not doing your homework for you.
7. You’re not the worst class this school has ever seen. There’s just a lot of room for growth and we’re patiently waiting. :)
6. I don’t care if your mom, dad, grandma, grandpa or parole officer is texting you. They can call the office if they want to get ahold of you. You will survive.
5. We make mistakes and so do you, so let’s learn from them.
4. We have favorites. If you work hard, ask questions and share concerns constructively then of course you’re going to be more likable, because you genuinely care about your education as much as we do.
3. Question everyone, everything and think for yourself; however, do it kindly and with respect.
2. Don’t be fooled by No Child Left Behind, because it’s pretty likely that if you’ve bought into it, you’ve been left behind.
1. Teaching is the best job in the world and thank you for the laughs, tears, frustrations and constant reflection. We’re better people because of you.